Monday, June 24, 2013

sound and pictures

I'd forgotten about this bit in Romance And Cigarettes. I love when a movie surprises you with something unexpected; it's partly why I like seeing movies without knowing too much about them.


The other week we watched My Sister's Sister, which was one of those nice surprises - at first I found it a bit hard to get my head around because the acting was so convincing I couldn't stop cringing, but that made it so easy to get swept up in, and halfway through I was totally involved, and really enjoying it. Voyeurism isn't so bad, in its right place.

Tonight the online programme for the Auckland International Film Festival is released (the hard copy comes out tomorrow), and what I've seen of it so far looks good. Oh, the times we will have.

If you're looking for a dvd, here are the best six I saw at last year's. I can't wait!!!






Hurray hurray hurray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment