Tuesday, April 9, 2013

she bites/is dust

Today Vincent roused me before I was ready (I don't know if it's the cold, or daylight saving, and yes I know we're off daylight saving so the latter doesn't make any sense but NEITHER DOES THE HEART, and I LOVE sleeping), and five minutes later I was drinking beer and making calls. I am going to have a shower and get into something special, and as soon as Vincent finishes work we are going to the pub to celebrate a day we've been waiting for, but that many, many other people have been living for. These chaps, for example:


It's fun to watch this video, but it's also such a vivid reminder of what Thatcher has done that it's also heart-breaking; seeing the old men chanting this, knowing why they mean it so much. This woman, who is today being hailed as a great champion of freedom (wtf?!) by Obama et al, caused indescribable pain and suffering to a huge number of people; primarily poor workers. This woman, who is today being held up by every insincere (and ill educated) fuckhead with a twitter account as some kind of example to follow, had the opportunity to do great things, and used that opportunity to drive a wedge between people, and victimise and demonise normal, working people.

I'm going to leave the essay about Thatcher and why she was such a piece of evil another time, because today friends, we celebrate. Of course her death won't erase history; neither does any sentence given to any criminal. But she is no longer breathing. She will never see something beautiful, or enjoy a cup of tea, or say or do anything more to hurt anybody. Cameron is still in power, but that's something to tackle tomorrow. Today we celebrate.

To everyone everywhere but especially in England, who has suffered at the hands of Tories. We shall overcome.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you! and I didn't even know she was still alive. I just really dislike politicians in general. And, no, heart does not make any sense, ever. XxXxXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too, a lot!!! And I'm really losing faith in politicians too... Only a handful seem to have integrity; the rest just seem like big egos. Anarchy? :) xoxo

      Delete