Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Ones I Used To Know

Christmas madness has officially set in. This morning at five-thirty I was rudely awakened by the Ghosts of Christmas Things I Haven't Done Yet, and in a stupor arose and proceeded to transfer money, pay people, open parcels, and wrap presents (this last one was unsuccessful as the paper was in the bedroom); all in the dark, as our delightful little sauna has tinted glass bedroom doors, so if one of us is a'sleepin' (usually me), the other is a'knockin' around with limited vision (I don't know how Vincent does this nearly every morning). I even read some news, before slinking back to bed. The lady has done gone crazy.

I've started thinking about after Christmas. Vincent and I are counting down to the release of Django Unchained, the latest Tarantino film which we've been waiting for since it was first announced Aslan was on the move. It comes out in NZ on our settlement date, January 24th, and I can't think of a much better way to mark the occasion (except perhaps moving in). I'm also waiting (with more patience) for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby. I've been gritting my teeth seeing its influence in fashion (because, it seems, in the fashion world, history and literature are not enough inspiration for a collection; it has to be spelt out, and everybody primed, by a film), and I know it will irritate me even more hearing fools reference the story without having read the book... but I'm not going to cut my nose off over this one. I'm also looking forward to summer outside the shop. Yesterday I bought a my new one-piece which can only be described as adorable (even though the top doesn't fit as well as it could because my bottom half dictated the size), and I can't wait to wear it every day, and nap in it, and eat fruit, and drink beer, and sleep in, and not have to be nice to people who aren't being nice to me.

I will reclaim my marbles, and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment