Thursday, November 8, 2012

Obama/Bananarama

Very, very tired, after The Black Keys and being very, very drunk on Saturday night, and then Radiohead and being fairly disappointed on Tuesday night. Plus some nocturnal percussion from my dearest.

We're so happy (and relieved) that Obama pulled it off last night, and that every person in America has a chance for their life to be better in the next four years. I hope so much that he's able to do the things he wasn't able to during this term, and that conditions are more favourable (even if the outlook isn't so right now). I also really, really hope that the GOP's rebranding includes getting their men (and women, for that mater) to shut the fuck up about rape, pregnancy, and abortion. I mean, it's helpful having a fuckwit let you know they're a fuckwit, but I'd prefer to hear it straight.

Anyway, since Vincent texted me the result, I've intermittently had "USA! USA!" in my mind, and... Bananarama (the only way I can explain this is my love of puns, wordplay, and cheesiness).

Bananarama is doubly appropriate, because on Saturday we have a family bbq where Vincent will finally get to meet the aunty and uncle who were like grandparents to me when I was growing up. We were allowed to almost anything at their house (in stark contrast to our own house, where we were allowed to do almost nothing), and one of the things I liked to do was put on music (if my memory is correct, they had a cd player long before anyone else) and their huge brown headphones, and sit on the couch, swinging my legs and singing loudly to Bananarama and Kylie Minogue. I was young, and didn't know any better. It was a happy time.




Forward! Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment