Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Buena Sera


I'm discovering the joy that is Louis Prima. The name has always been vaguely familiar, and so has the voice... but the sound, which hit both Vincent and me like a brick when we watched the first episode of Treme a few weeks ago, is completely new to me, and I love it.

The sound of this song suits my idea of New Orleans, and also life the way I know and like it, perfectly. It's chaotic. It seems nonsensical sometimes, but as often as it is, it's actually making perfect sense, in a way that's hard to comprehend unless you're looking at it from the right angle. It's so, so joyous, and the kind of joy that doesn't deny the murkier realities of life; one that acknowledges them, and says you have to get your kicks where you can. Amor fati.

To life!

No comments:

Post a Comment