Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lazy Blogging



1. It's been about a year since I first saw it, but I still love looking at Sunny Walker's Closet Visit, especially when I feel like my clothes are getting stale. Today after breakfast I passed a Red Cross with a dollar rack and bought some awesome/crazy velveteen pajama-type pants. It was a happy time.


2. I watched Dirty Dancing for the first time on Saturday. It's become apparent that although we watch about five movies a week, and the fact that I've watched about that for years, there is a gaping hole in my film experience, and that is the eighties. When I was little, I wasn't even allowed to watch kissing on tv (like, I was supposed to cover my eyes). Dirty Dancing?! Cocktail?! Not on my nelly. To remedy this, my lovely K and I have started an eighties' classic film catch-up club, and I'm very excited to be finally righting this wrong. Anyway, I already loved the songs, but now I am wanting to cut the bottom third off all of my tshirts, and have worn keds every day since I watched it. God knows what's going to happen after I watch Flashdance.

3. Some most excellent rules for bicycling for women from the New York World newspaper, 1895 (which I read in an old issue of Good today):
- Don't ignore the laws of the road because you are a woman.
- Don't refuse assistance up a hill.
- Don't wear whit kid gloves. Silk is the thing.
And my favourite:
- Don't cultivate a "bicycle face".

2 comments:

  1. Feel like a failure, how could I let you turn 29 without knowing that nobody puts Baby in the corner? Miss you two x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it, but I had no idea it was so literal! I suppose he was more eloquent with his feet. I miss you too xoxo

      Delete