Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Liquid Sunshine


I don't know why this song popped into my head when I was battling my way home this evening. The day has been as grey as they come, with intermittent showers, and wind so strong that the raindrops look like snowflakes as they're buffeted about so they don't come straight down. At lunchtime both lifts were out of action which meant we had to use the stairs, and I thought the afternoon had come straight from Hades. But there's something nice about walking home from work on a rainy night; the lights from shop windows seem a bit warmer, and you feel a sense of companionship with the other ships on their way to the docks. Tomorrow is set to be just as wet and windy, and I hope after  a good night's sleep I find it as invigorating as I usually do. Wild weather is for wild people.

No comments:

Post a Comment