Thursday, February 9, 2012

Show-Off

I'm pretty sure the first thing I said after I splashed out of my mother's uterus was "Ta-da!". I just like sharing things, and if they're things I like, they're probably good things that happened to me; I'm not meaning to show off, just tell. Like when I went to the City Mission shop today, and bought a striped merino cardy, a thai silk tank, a shirt, a witchy looking top I can imagine Angelica Huston wearing, some NZ made trousers, and a tan leather belt, for just over thirty bucks. And that time (tomorrow) when I went (am going) camping with Vincent, the Jenga Queen, her mother, and my mother.

Anyway, it's late, and I have another load of washing to do, so I'm going to bounce but leave you with this awesome acoustic version of Space Oddity that I found on the iPod today. Sometimes our iPod is like an attic; I love rediscovering things I forgot about, and things I didn't know we had. As well as just being cool, it's very convenient being married to someone as into music as I am. Off I go - hope your weekend's good! And if you feel like having your heart ripped out, watch Dancer In the Dark... sheesh begeesh. South Park was a welcome relief after all of that intensity (which was worth it, by the way - Bjork is absolutely incredible).

Cartman: I wasn't trying to get you in trouble.
Cartman's mum: Then why did you go outside to a police officer and say "Help! Help! My mommy is trying to fuck me!"?

So wrong, and so right.

1 comment: