Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Never Over



I don't know what made me think of this song tonight. And I don't know why Jeff Buckley escapes being rude (mostly/just/occasionally not quite); he's asking for it, really, but like Ryan Adams he's mostly left alone by the Easy Listening flock (having said that, my Mum digs Hallelujah, but she also digs New Slang, so maybe that's okay?). I've been thinking about the line "Maybe I'm too young to keep good love from going wrong", and how many mistakes I made while growing up, and hoping beyond hope that I'm done being young. I don't know if being scared of losing something makes you more careful with it; it should, but maybe it doesn't.

I remember reading, years ago, that drowning is one of the nicest ways to die, but I don't know about that. I think the nicest way to die would be in your sleep, curled up in the person you love best in the world... Although I would also hope they would die too or else that could be a really nasty shock and horrible memory for them. Okay, I'm obviously rambling now and will probably start talking about other things that could be shocking like finding a hand in the washing machine, so I'll go.

But before I do, what do you think about Bon Iver winning a grammy for best new artist? I had a rant about it when I first read the nominees, and I'll rant again; not a new artist! Not a new artist! It's like saying nice to meet you; insulting, and dismissive, and just dumb. And now dumb people will start listening to them, and bad radio stations will start to play them, and I'll become the asshole who says "I prefer the first album" and detail where and when I bought it. Which I have done on this blog already, but that was different because you aren't a dumb person so if you weren't already listening to Bon Iver, I thought you deserved to. Oh man, I could be here forever. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment