Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Your Ass Face



I actually wanted to post Stool Boom but embedding has been disabled... and this is more appropriate anyway. I have wanted to say I Hate You And I Hate Your Ass Face about a zillion times today, and had to take the scissors from my workmate who shared my feelings (not about each other; we are on the same angry team and it makes it much more fun). I freely admit my wick is short (one of my boss's -isms), but really, people could just not be morons. I was listening to It Came Upon The Midnight Clear last night while I wrapped presents, and the line 'Peace on the earth, goodwill to men' struck me, and its exclusion or assimilation of women with the term 'men'. I thought about how I'm struggling with goodwill at the moment, and resolved to do better, and then realised I do have goodwill towards men. They come into the shop with print-outs of what they have found on the website, don't ask fifty billion questions about everything from 'do you have ten other sizes/colours/shapes/whatever we had five years ago' to 'is that the only paper you have'; they are pathetically grateful for everything, especially the giftwrapping, and nearly always say Merry Christmas. Bitches, we must do better.

I have barely time to sleep let alone think, so I haven't had much to say here lately. There are three days left of work, and five days until Christmas, and as always I have a million things to do before then. So I'm off to watch Meet Me In St Louis and to eat chocolate and drink tea and try to muster some goodwill to everyone. And when I do have time to think, I'm going to think about these things. I'm married to the best man in the world. I get to have Christmas with nearly all of the people I love best. I have a pretty new bikini, even if my bum doesn't fit in it (which reminds me, did you know what control undies were? I bought some thinking they were just very pretty high-waisted undies, which I've been wanting. They are, but besides that they are masochistic undergarments that cut you where your legs attach to your groin. Why?! Everyone knows there is nothing more flattering in the underwear world than Loose!). Anyway, life is good. And it's Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment