Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One Last Thing...

This isn't a cover, but one of the songs on Waiata reminded me of it, and it's one of those songs that gets under your skin until you've listened to it. Although a lot of things seem to have that effect on me; if I see an ad for something edible that I like, I can't rest easy until I've eaten it - even if I don't feel like it I'll eat it when I come across it just to get it out of my system.

I really like this video because it sounds so vinyly; the timing's a bit funny and it sounds 3D, if that make sense (maybe the dust?). That record-player sound takes me back to 1990, making radio stations with my favourite cousin in my sisters bedroom, and recording the songs off records onto a tape recorder; it was high-tech stuff. Anyway, the song.



How great are The Fifth Dimension? In fact, I can't leave it there. We have to have my favourite Fifth Dimension song, another one that creeps up inside me. Who else would sing a song asking their boyfriend why he won't marry them? And compare his voice to a choir of carousels?

No comments:

Post a Comment