Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bada bing


I'd like to introduce you to some of my family. On the left is my eldest sister. She is fast-talking, quick-thinking, and proficient in fist-fighting and speed-dressing. She's been described as a hot-head, and she's always been popular with the ladies. Next to her is our father. He has heart problems so is not as active as he once was, but we all remember what he was capable of in his younger days. Now my eldest sister is his go-to man for things he wants carried out. He more or less brought himself up and was alone for a long time, but now he looks around at the family he and our mother made, and can be happy. He has a distinctive mumble that only we can understand, and inexplicably avoids oranges (and a number of vegetables). And to my father's right, in uniform, is me. My life has not been so bad, but I have a lot of frustrated anger. I like to think out my responses to things that happen to me, and take my time about carrying them out. I have a strong sense of what is right and wrong, and when someone does things that are wrong, I like to mete out justice. My hands are always cold.

There is someone in particular whom I'd like to meet these members of my family. She is making life hell for one of the people I love best in the world, and if you want to live a long and happy life, you really shouldn't do that. And all over my nice ivy-league suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment