Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Rat King


This is the something horrible. Even the picture makes me want to vomit and die, and I looked at the jar in the museum with my own eyes. This, my friends, is a Rat King. In case you have the good fortune not to know, a Rat King is a group of rats whose tails have become entwined or stuck together with excrement or hair. This particular Rat King is a family whose nest of horse hair led to their unification in the filthy thirties. The thought of the person who brought them down having to kill each one individually is so horrible I could cry. I'd like to give you more information, but I just looked up Rat King on Wikipedia (smartypants thought this way the images that came up last time when she googled it, prompting her to howl and call Vincent to change the page because she couldn't look, wouldn't) and the photo made me feel like I was going to be sick and might pull an Oedipus (after the incest). I can tell you that Rat Kings are most common in Germany, and that in Medieval times, if a Rat King was found in a house, the woman of the house was condemned for withcraft. Anything else you want to know you will have to find out for yourself. Proceed with caution, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment