Monday, April 4, 2011

Please please please Mr Dylan!


Vincent and I have been listening and trying to put together five requests and it's nigh impossible. Firstly, he's just written too many stand-out songs. If John Bonham came back from the dead and Zeppelin played a show of one of their albums, as much as I love Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and Tangerine and Ramble On, I would have to choose IV for the obvious reason. With Dylan, however, there are so many crucial songs; how can I compare Blowin' In The Wind with A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall? Then there's the company and venue; I'd love to sway my arms and spill beer all over the place to Just Like A Woman at a bar, but surrounded by rich old people (apparently there are drawbacks to our wicked seats) at a huge arena, it just wouldn't be the same. We've been humming and hahing and coming up with ones the other had forgotten, and even though I know last time I said a list like this can only reflect how you felt at that particular moment I don't want to read over it the next moment and want to change it...

Nonetheless, here are Vincent's:

And Mine:
1. To Ramona
3. She Belongs To Me
4. Like A Rolling Stone (Imagine these two guys in a room together. Ridiculous.)
5. All I Really Want To Do

And my bonus cover: Mr Bojangles (I can't find Bob's version on youtube anymore, but look it up on Grooveshark or something; it will break your heart.)

I can't believe we're really going to see him.

(Image from westprepmrwhite.edublogs.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment