Monday, March 28, 2011

News That Isn't Big But Still Interesting



I was being/listening to Bowie this morning, practising for my Mum's 60th later this year when I'm really hoping we'll have karaoke and I can kill it with this song. Fuck I love Bowie. Anyway, it's been a long, uneventful day and I'm tired so I'm just going to tell you, in brief, some things I found out recently.

1. Diamond really is Neil Diamond's surname. It explains so much.
2. My Dad's maternal grandfather (my great-grandfather) was a PIRATE; first-mate to Bully Hayes. I always knew Elton was singing about me! (I am actually a seamstress, currently non-practising.) Vincent is sure he has some pirate ancestry too but we really can't afford for that to be the case; we're lawless enough as we are.
3. Norfolk Island is a volcano. (Thanks Ruth Park.)
4. If you don't present your membership card at the Bluestone before paying, you won't get points. Also, if you've forgotten your card you can give your name and still get points (as long as you haven't paid, of course).
5. Sweetened condensed milk is delicious. Make this slice from the kitchenmaid, which I made last week for my lovely Christchurch parents and is fucking delicious (especially the un-set base; thank goodness Vincent came home or I'd be a dress size bigger than I am and they would have received a pile of icing), and then you can put the rest of the can in the fridge just in case it comes in useful when you know it won't and you can have a spoonful every time you open the fridge and justify it on the grounds you're preventing waste. Although actually the normal milk went off so it did come in useful (Earl Grey isn't an ideal match however).

And now I've imparted my news, I'm off to make a chocolate pudding to eat while we watch more Sopranos in bed. Monday is over. We did it, team! Yusssss.


No comments:

Post a Comment