Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tonight I Was In The Same Room




As Mick Jones and Paul Simonon. I'm generally very disdainful of famous people, but these two are exceptions because The Clash were the greatest band ever; even greater than Zeppelin ( I love Guns Of Brixton even though I freely admit that, musically, it ain't no Stairway To Heaven). Joe Strummer is one of my all time heroes for many reasons, the least of which is that he just said what he thought, even if it was ridiculous.

I have a tendency to argue about things I don't know much about based on my gut feeling. I know it's stupid, and it can end in me eating my words, or feeling very embarrassed later. Nevertheless, I have a lot of fun, and I feel like that's what Joe Strummer was like too; that he went with how he felt and wasn't afraid to be wrong.

My favourite people fight for a world that will be better for people who have it hard in the one we live in. I think that's the kind of person Joe Strummer was, and it's the kind of person I want to be. The world's a poorer place without you, Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment