Monday, December 13, 2010

After Christmas

I really want to see this:



I try to fight the part of me that likes Sofia Coppola because the kind of girl who likes her films irritates me; she always has tidy hair and doesn't say the wrong thing (but I make out I'm bored by her to my allies, and tell myself that messy hair is endearing). I don't have much success though; I like all of Sofia's movies, and I generally like her soundtracks too. Maybe I am jealous because she is very talented and good friends with Marc Jacobs and got to be in the Godfather Part I (Part III she can keep.) Anyhow, I think I'm going to like this one too.

Other than that and my summer holiday, I'm not thinking too much about After Christmas because I'm enjoying Before Christmas very much. Every year I make my way (part-way) through a rather long list of Christmas movies, books, and activities; this year so far I have read half of A Christmas Carol, and watched Meet Me In St Louis, While You Were Sleeping, and It's A Wonderful Life (during which I cried so much I thought I'd never pee again). I'm not doing quite as well on my activity list, but it seems the mere whiff of Christmas is quite exhausting (plus the exertion of crying buckets), and Vincent has made/invented a festive treat called Whiskey Balls which makes me feel better about that, especially when I eat them, which I do greedily and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment